Changes to the starting date
Please be advised we have pushed the start date for 3 x 3 back till the 19th October, the original starting date for this competition was to be the 12th October.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Brisbane Basketball Inc are proud to announce a new 3X3 Competition in Term 4. This is not like your usual tournament type 3X3 competition this will be a week to week competition over a 6 or 7 week time frame.
The Competition will start on the 19th October 2018 till the 23rd November 2018 and the time of the games will be between 6pm and 7.30.
Initially we were seeking “TEAMS” to nominate however given our strong intent to run this competition we now have the option to register as an individual player for $90 – please use the link below to register.
THE ASSOCIATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO BLEND THE COMPETITIONS FOR COMPETITION STRUCTURE PURPOSES
We will be blending the teams so we can maximise the playing time and participation for all, some composite teams may comprise 5 players. Teams need to manage their own substitutions.
6 Weeks – 3 games per night all played within a 60 minute time slot wherever possible.
Finals week program TBA
Players need to have reversible singlets
Bibs will be available at BBI
Teams – Number of Players
Teams should have 4 or 5 players on each team
Rules (basic outline)
- 12 second shot clock (verbal communication by referee) from 5 seconds.
- 2 Point FG = 1 point
- 3 Point FG = 2 points
- After a score ball alternates possession from the top outside the 3-point line the team who has possession can start as soon as they get the ball to the top
- No overtime – drawn games will count
- 20 minutes per game includes a 5-minute warmup and 15 minutes of game time running clock or first team to 21 points.
- BBI will supply referees, individual court supervisor and scorers for bench
So all you have to do is get here on time and go play!!!Share