A fantastic opportunity has now become available for a dedicated and experienced basketball coach to join the Brisbane Capitals to lead the QBL Women’s basketball team and guide the Women’s Senior Performance Program.
About the Role
- Brisbane Basketball Inc. is seeking a suitably experienced and aligned performance coach who has a solid record of establishing a culture of trust and cohesion while increasing team and individual performance in an elite basketball performance or high performance club environment for the position of the Brisbane Capitals QBL Women’s Team Head Coach.
- This is a volunteer position + small honorarium.
- Appointment is up to two-years (2020 and 2021 QBL Seasons).
- The position is accountable for developing a culture of trust and cohesion which contributes to excellence on and off the court.
- Located in Brisbane, this is a busy volunteer position requiring weekend and after hours’ commitment with a moderate amount of travel required.
About the Brisbane Capitals
- The Brisbane Capitals are a founding member of the Queensland Basketball League (QBL). The Association has a proud history of success having won eight (8) Women’s State League titles, reaching nine (9) Grand Finals and playing in multiple finals series, including post-season runs in three (3) of the last five (5) seasons. The Association is also extremely proud to have assisted over 20 former junior players to play in the National Leagues and with Australian Senior and Junior representative teams, including: Bronwyn Marshall, Michelle Eames, Megan Michael, Alison O’Dwyer, Georgia Woodyard, Rachel Warren, Victoria Kenyon, and Odette Andrews to name a few.
Candidate Qualifications, Abilities & Experience
- Level 2 (Association or Performance) Coach Accreditation or Equivalent
- Minimum 3 years Head Coach experience leading an elite performance or high performance (adult and older adolescent) basketball team, incorporating effective recruitment and retention strategies for playing personnel and staff.
- High level understanding of the bigger picture in the community sporting organisation context.
- Ability to develop a culture of trust and cohesion in performance team environments contributing to program excellence on and off the court.
- History of establishing and communicating a clear and compelling vision tied to organisational values and purpose, with a sound strategy to achieve this vision.
- Ability to improve and prepare team and individual players to perform at their peak in competition.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent work experience in either sports coaching, management, teaching, adult learning, training and assessment, exercise and sports science, or health sciences is desirable.
How to Apply
To enable us to assess your merit, applicants need to provide:
- Your Current Resume
- A Brief Cover Letter (2 pages maximum) outlining why you are interested in the position and tell us how your Abilities, Experience, and Qualifications will enable you to deliver on the key result areas included in the Position Description – QBL Women’s (Head Coach).
- Contact details of Two References
11.55pm Saturday, August 30th, 2019.
Send Applications to:
Brisbane Capitals Performance Program Manager, Murry Aldred
M: 07 33710200