Brisbane Capitals Representative Program is pleased to open registrations for Boys and Girls born 2007 & 2008 interested in trialing for the 2019/20 Under 14 Representative Teams. Brisbane Basketball Inc. will nominate teams of 10 players for a GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE in both the male and female competitions.
Brisbane Capitals representative teams compete in the highest level of aged based basketball competition in Queensland. Including the Basketball Queensland Junior Basketball Competition (BQJBC) and State Championships. Please note when considering the commitment for rep that players must be available to commit to the full season which includes the BQJBC season and State Championships.
REGISTER OPEN NOW
Girls Under 14 GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE team trials (Players Born: 2007 & 2008) – REGISTER HERE
Trial #1 – Sunday Oct 13th: Auchenflower Stadium (9.00am – 11.15am)
Trial #2 – Sunday Oct 20th: As above.
Trial #3 – Sunday November 3rd: As above.
Boys Under 14 GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE team trials (Players Born: 2007 & 2008) – REGISTER HERE
Trial #1 – Sunday Oct 13th: Auchenflower Stadium (7.15am – 9.30am)
Trial #2 – Sunday Oct 20th: As above.
Trial #3 – Sunday Nov 3rd: As above.
UNDER 14 TEAM TRIAL DETAILS
- $45 trial fee ( GST and online fee inclusive) for up to 3 trials.
- Upon registration, players receive a 4 week technical, physical and mental skills training program in preparation for trials.
- Online registration only
- Note: Parents should complete the registration form and include the families primary email as a contact.
- Last season’s Brisbane Capitals representative players can use current Username and Password when completing the registration form.
- Be sure to read and complete all components of the registration process.
- Missing a Trial Session: Players are required to attend a minimum of two of the allocated three trial sessions to be considered for selection.
- If a player is not able to attend one or more of the trial sessions, but still seeks to be considered for selection, a Trial Exemption Form must be completed.
- Players requiring an exemption due to missing a trial please scroll to the end of this page and click the link to request and exemption.
- On conclusion of the trial process teams will be named and posted to the BBI website.
- Selected players should prepare to practice twice per week commencing Sunday, November 10th (this includes a second mid-week session between 4-6pm). Teams will practice right up to the beginning of December. Specific Team Details will be advised at Trials.
KEY EVENTS & CONSIDERATIONS
Trials: See below
BQJBC Grading: February 1st, 2020 (Premier League grading) and February 8th, 2020 (Southern Cup grading)
BQJBC Season: Commences, February 22nd & 23rd, 2020 (Double Header weekend), and concludes Mid to Late June, 2020.
State Championships: Boys, July 2nd – 5th (Carins); and, Girls, June 28th – July 1st (Mackay)
INDICATIVE REP PROGRAM COSTS
Representative Program fee will be circa $895.00 exclusive of any additional State Championship costs. If the state championships are held in the metropolitan area the costs are minimal. However, should the state championships be held outside a radius of 150km from Brisbane the team will be required to travel and stay as a team, indicative costs for attending the State Championships in these instances would be approx. between $750.00 – $1500.00 (depending on flights and car-hire). Please refer to the Travel and Accommodation Policy for team considerations around State Championships.
Note: payment of program fees, including state championship costs, and selection in a team does not guarantee consistent or equal court time.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (a link to the Team Selection Policy will be provided after registration)
Players are required to meet BBI eligibility requirements as outlined in the Junior rules –
3.2 Prerequisite for Brisbane Basketball Junior Capitals Representation
3.2.1 Any player who wishes to represent the Brisbane Basketball Junior Capitals in the representative season that commences after the Championship Season MUST:
- be registered with BBI and a BBI Club and playing in the BBJBC Championship Season within their correct Age Group as per the calendar year
- play a minimum of 50% of eligible games in the BBJBC Championship Season within their correct Age Group as per the calendar year
3.2.2 The ONLY exemption to Rule 3.2.1, which will also be assessed by the BBI General Manager, is when a player moves from a Queensland location outside a radius of 100 kilometre from the BBI office at Auchenflower, from a state outside of Queensland or from a country outside of Australia. If an exemption is granted the player must immediately join a BBI Club.
BQ PLAYER TRANSFER
Players who last played for another Association MUST have an Approved Transfer from Basketball Queensland PRIOR to Attending the first Trial. If this approval is not completed and provided to BBI prior to commencement of trials, the player will not be eligible to trial nor considered for selection. There may be a financial penalty from Basketball Queensland to an Association for a breach of their Player Transfer Policy and the player may be also be ineligible to play for any Association for up to 3 months. Therefore, please consider your personal circumstances carefully and if unsure please contact our office or Visit Basketball Queensland Website for Transfer Policy and appropriate forms – BQ Player Transfer Form
BBI does not accept Permission-to-Train forms for players who represented a different association and are now considering selection to a Brisbane Capitals Rep Team. Players who have transferred to BBI will be granted permission-to-train for other associations if they desire to be considered for selection at other Associations.
PLAYER TESTING & PARENT INDUCTION
This year, BBI will again be conducting a FREE Player Testing session. These sessions are scheduled for Wednesday, Oct 30th and Thursday, Oct 31st at Auchenflower Stadium, 4.15pm – 5.45pm. Players will be sent a link to schedule one of the two testing sessions. Players will be tested on Anthropometric (height, weight, armspan, standing reach), Physiological (vertical jump, agility, and 20m sprint) and Technical (perimeter shooting, finishing and free-throws) components. Testing is not compulsory and is provided as a value add to the representative program.
WHAT TO BRING
- Basketball (named)
- Brisbane Capital Reversible Training Singlet (if you do not have a Capitals Reversible Singlet you will need to purchase one through Hoop 2 Hoop – follow this link: CAPS REVERSIBLE
- Drink Bottle and recovery food
- Change of Shirt after trials.
REPRESENTATIVE TRIAL EXEMPTION REQUESTS
Parents/Guardians, whose child is unable to attend one or all of the above trial events, but still wishes to be considered for selection, should complete a representative trial exemption request form (links below). For all exemption requests involving prolonged injury or illness please refer section 6C of the Team Selection Policy. Note: Approval of Exemption does not guarantee selection to a representative team.
Trial Exemption Request Form – FEMALE Players
Trial Exemption Request Form – MALE Players
Please forward any additional queries in writing to email@example.com