Brisbane Capitals Representative Program is pleased to open registrations for male and female players born 2006 & 2007 interested in trialling for the 2020/21 Under 16 Representative Teams. Brisbane Basketball Inc. will nominate teams of 10 players for GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE teams in the male and female competitions which includes both the BQJBC weekly competition and State Championship tournament.
Brisbane Capitals representative teams compete in the highest level of junior and youth aged based basketball competition in Queensland. Including the Basketball Queensland Junior Basketball Competition (BQJBC) and State Championships. Players must be available to commit to the full season which includes the BQJBC season and State Championships.
Under 16 – GIRLS Gold, Silver & Bronze Teams (Players born 2006 & 2007) – REGISTER HERE
- Trial #1: Wednesday, August 12th: Lang Park PCYC (5.15-7.00pm)
- Trial #2: Sunday, August 16th: Auchenflower Stadium (9.15am – 11.00am)
- Trial #3: Sunday, September 6th: Kedron State High School (10.00am – 12.00pm). NOTE: All Capitals Players born 2007 will receive an automatic EXEMPTION from this trial due to the U14 BQJBC Carnival.
Under 16 – BOYS Gold, Silver & Bronze Teams (Players born 2006 & 2007) – REGISTER HERE
- Trial #1: Thursday, August 13th: Auchenflower Stadium (4.00pm-5.45pm)
- Trial #2: Sunday, August 16th: Auchenflower Stadium (7.15am – 9.00am)
- Trial #3: Sunday, September 6th: Kedron State High School (8.00am – 10.00am) NOTE: All Capitals Players born 2007 will receive an automatic EXEMPTION from this trial due to the U14 BQJBC Carnival.
UNDER 16 TEAM TRIAL DETAILS
- $45 trial fee ( GST and online fee inclusive) for up to 3 trials.
- Upon registration, players receive a 4 week technical, physical and mental skills training program in preparation for trials.
- Online registration only
- Note: Parents should complete the registration form and include the family’s primary email as a contact.
- Last season’s Brisbane Capitals representative players can use current Username and Password when completing the registration form.
- Be sure to read and complete all components of the registration process.
- Missing a Trial Session: Players are required to attend a minimum of two of the allocated three trial sessions to be considered for selection.
- If a player is not able to attend one or more of the trial sessions, but still seeks to be considered for selection, a Trial Exemption Form must be completed.
- Players requiring an exemption due to missing a trial please scroll to the end of this page and click the link to request and exemption.
- On conclusion of the trial process teams will be named and posted to the BBI website.
- Selected players should prepare to commence team practices twice per week commencing the start of term 4 up to the beginning of December.
- Under 16 Rep Teams practice primarily on Monday and Thursday evenings (and may occasionally practice on a Sunday morning dependent on venue availability considerations through the season)
KEY EVENTS & CONSIDERATIONS
Trials: See above
Team Announcements: Friday, September 11th
BQJBC Grading: Sunday, November 14th (Premier League), Sunday, November 21st (Southern Cross Cup)
BQJBC Season: Commences November 28th & 29th, and concludes March 27th (with Summer Break from December 6th – 31st).
State Championships: April 10th – 13th (venues to be advised)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – Special Coronavirus Impact Consideration (2020/21)
In support of a transparent selection process in accordance with the objectives of the Brisbane Capitals Performance Program, BBI has set out specific eligibility criteria to be applied across all Brisbane Capitals Junior Representative Teams. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (a link to the Team Selection Policy will be provided after registration). With consideration of the impact of the Coronavirus on all community, school, and representative sport, BBI has instigated the following:
- All players who represented the Brisbane Capitals in 2019/20 and are current BBI members will meet the eligibility criteria.
- Any player who was a member of BBI and played club basketball in 2019, but is unable to play in the BBI Club Competition this season due to their club or school not fielding teams in the competition are encouraged to make a submission via email to email@example.com All submissions will be reviewed for an outcome on a case-by-case basis.
- Transfer Policy and restrictions still apply for players who have not played in the BBI Club competition previously. All submissions for consideration on a case-by-case basis should be sent to the director of the Brisbane Capitals via email firstname.lastname@example.org
BQ PLAYER TRANSFER
Players who last played for another Association MUST have a Full Transfer from their previous association Approved by BQ PRIOR to Attending the first Trial. There may be a financial penalty from Basketball Queensland to an Association for a breach of their Player Transfer Policy and the player may be also be ineligible to play for any Association for up to 3 months. Therefore, please consider your personal circumstances carefully and if unsure please contact our office and Visit Basketball Queensland Website for Transfer Policy.
PERMISSION TO TRAIN
BBI does not accept Permission-to-Train forms for players who represented at a different association and are now considering selection to a Brisbane Capitals Rep Team (refer above – BQ Player Transfer). Players who have transferred to BBI will be granted permission to train for other associations if they desire to be considered for selection at other Associations.
WHAT TO BRING
- Basketball (named)
- Brisbane Capital Reversible Training Singlet (or reversible club singlet)
- Drink Bottle and recovery food
- Change of Shirt after trials
- To avoid dust/water on our courts, please Do Not wear your basketball shoes from outside the stadium (change into them once in the stadium).
REPRESENTATIVE TRIAL EXEMPTION REQUESTS
Parents/Guardians, whose child is unable to attend one or all of the above trial events, but still wishes to be considered for selection, should complete a representative trial exemption request form (links below). For all exemption requests involving prolonged injury or illness please refer section 6C of the Team Selection Policy.
Note: Approval of Exemption does not guarantee selection to a representative team.
Please forward any additional queries in writing to email@example.com